Head of department
Popov Volodymyr Vladislavovich
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Honored Doctor of Ukraine, Laurence of Government premium
Participant in numerous international congresses, symposia on cardiovascular surgery in USA, Europe. Member of the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Ukraine, Europe, USA.
Every year, the department carries out about 300 operations in the heart and main vessels, of which at least 250 operations in the conditions of artificial blood circulation (hospital mortality of average 2-3%).
Key areas of work of the department:
- Plasty procedures at heart valves;
- Replacement of heart valves by mechanical and biological models;
- Blood-free surgery;
- Reconstruction of the aortic anuli at a narrow ostium of aorta during the replacement of the aortic valve;
- Plasty of left atrium in cases with atriomegaly;
- Maze procedure in cases with rhythm disturbence;
- Replacement of valves in patients with sharply reduced myocardial contractility;
- Complex reconstruction of mitral defects (preservation of the valve apparatus in the prosthetic of the valve in conjunction with the plastic of the left atrium and Maze procedure);
- Complex reconstruction of mitral and aortic valve diseases (reconstruction of the aortic anuli at a narrow ostium of aorta during the replacement of the aortic valve, preservation of the valve apparatus in the prosthetic of the valve in conjunction with the plastic of the left atrium and Maze procedure);
- Reconstruction of the moderate poststenotic dilatation of ascending aorta by wrappinf tape operation during replacing the aortic valve;
- Diseases of pericardium;
- Operations in complicated critical cases, age more 70 y.o.