Head of the department
Ph.D., Highest qualification category cardiosurgeon, Honored Doctor of Ukraine, Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Ukraine member.
Department provides emergency and routine diagnostics and treatment of ischemic heart disease (myocardial infarction, acute coronary syndrome, unstable angina), congenital and acute heart defects.
The full extent of intracardial examination and endovascular repair procedures are performed with the modern angiography system AXIOM Artis. Furthermore, specialized diagnostic equipment allows an intravascular ultrasound examination and precise determination of the nature of a coronary arteries affection. Also, a fractional coronary flow reserve evaluation is available.
Department’s experts underwent training in German and Switz hospitals and providing workshops in intra-vascular visualization and rotational atherectomy. Also, a unique experience in the intracardial diagnostics of an aortic dissection was accumulated.
List of endovascular interventions performed in the department:
- Emergency and routine coronary interventions
- Diagnostic catheterization of the heart and great vessels
- Coronary angiography
- Cardiac ventriculography
- Selective angiography of the pulmonary arteries
- Selective and non-selective angiography of the carotid, vertebral and renal arteries
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting of heart and great vessels
- Diagnostic and curative pericardiocentesis
- Endovascular fenestration in aortic dissection
- Emergency interventions in congenital heart defects
More than 1500 patients with CAD and heart defects receive professional medical assistance yearly.